Deborah Slater Dance Theater and Studio 210 seeks college students and postgraduates who are passionate about the arts and interested in expanding their knowledge of the nonprofit arts field through archiving to join our organization for an Archival Internship.
Archival Internships with DSDT allow individuals to gain hands-on experience in performance archiving while helping to preserve the history and legacy of a long-standing San Francisco dance organization. Interns can expect to contribute in the following areas:
- Creating and managing spreadsheets
- Collaborating with team members to ensure accuracy of information
- Tagging media with credits, descriptions, and keywords
- Reorganizing media databases
- Digitizing print materials (if able to work in-person)
Additional projects and areas of development may be assigned in collaboration with the Intern. Interns should expect to work 10/hours per week on a consistent, but flexible schedule for roughly 3 months. Start and end dates are flexible, with a projected start in January 2022. Interns will be paid $15/hour. This position is mostly remote, with the option of working in San Francisco on specific projects.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Diligent and self-motivated work ethic
- Desire to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Positive, open and engaged approach
- Computer literacy, with experience in Google Drive, Documents/Sheets, Excel, Vimeo, Gmail, Flickr
- Ability to work on their own device, preferably laptop or desktop computer
- Interest in arts administration & archiving, particularly in the field of dance/performance
To apply, please send a resume and brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.